- This is very tricky to decide on where to start
- Unless you have good resume, which re-written (from the scratch) would be good to get attention from the recruiters and hiring managers
- Also need to go thorough the FAQ and recent trends on the technology or area of work your competent on?
- Also you would need to touch upon on your network (Facebook, Linkedin, WhatsApp friends
) to see where the openings are?
- Also do research on the web or newsgroups or forums where your kind of skill set people wander
- And actual focussing on all the above stuff, without fail
- Asking right questions and contacting right circle of friends, who are actual in that line. It is like if you are looking for “Office Manager”. Ask friends in that line would help
- Never give-up attitude
- Trying or turning all the stones or trying all possible combinations
- Joining a course
- Trying something different, moving to home, changing the environment or attending group gatherings
- It helps to explore the areas, which we have not done earlier.
Organization or ceo’s look at profit and loss and lighter areas, forgetting actual areas where it would need to have more improvements in process and clean up of and struggle with leadership issues.
Like “Sri Sri” telugu revolutionary poet quoted (in telugu :tariqulu dastavedulu kadhove charitante. Charitante nava kavananiki kavalyu kuttuka) history is not about dates and proof , but is should throw light “what and what not do” for next generation.
1.Choosing status over results:
- Good and bad status does not mean anything, end results are
- How well firm has grown?
- How well employees are grown and benefited?
- How well society has benefited? . In India Tata, Birla have contributed to the society. Like Microsoft and other have contribute so well to charity areas.
2..Choosing popularity over accountability:
- Making people accountable rather than getting more popularity of doing charity and too much people care.
- Being friendly is one side of the coin, you should also get output from each of the teammates
- Setting clear expectations.
- Too much populist, without any results does not do any good.
- Primus Inter pares ( First among the equals) : designation and hierarchy does not matter, promote who is delivering . It does not matter even that person junior most employee.
3.Choosing certainty over clarity:
- You would never get clarity but you should start somewhere
- Keep on changing the plan (did I mention Agile planning?)
- eliminate and filter-out un-wanted info from close associates and decide the direction which is best for the firm and everyone around.
- No decision is 100% correct, start some where
4.Choosing harmony over conflict:
Need to use guidance than shouting and screaming
There is problem at hand, how do you resolve them.
“If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn’t thinking.”
- Start with small team
- Start with small investment or zero investment
- Start with smallest module or piece work and run through entire journeys
- Dry test run to see, if it works
- See and visualize the entire product life cycle .
- Smaller the piece, better the run through
If you see/gaze above is working, then go with rapid fire
- Do more investments
- Do more user story/requirement creation
- Add or start working on more projects
Does it help?
Time spent, money spent, efforts spent should yields results
We don’t have infinite time to re-invent the wheel
Creating a process, backup, second line to your work
Creating a plan-b, plan-c, Plan -d ==> Will keep you in safer side
- Smoke test is “testing method”, just see it actually works
- It would take only few minutes verify if functionality works
- To check internet connectivity, just do one web site entry
- If you are going invest time in a person/place
- You will do a interview
- Or give him some money say 1000 and see how fast he/she pays or forgets
- Give him a small piece work and see, if starts doing it
Does it ring-a-bell?
This is classic example of people think, others will do or they expect others to do.
In ideal world, you don’t see people taking the responsible of what-so-ever reason. People take others granted:)
Back to “seven blade razor”, there is classic commercial with monkeys (end of 2003?, American comedy channel “super station”?, sequence is unsure?)
- Summary is “out of seven blades”, most of blades don’t work/will not functions or do nothing .
- First blades touches the hair
- second blade pushes the hair inside
- third blade pulls the hair
- fourth/fifth/sixth are dummy
- Seven blade only cuts-it
In idea world, if you have team of 25 people at work, not many will take a responsibility.
- Reason may be what-so-ever
- Some people come to work (for just chit-chatting)
- Some people for show-put-up
- Some people pretend working
- Only few will try to do sincerely
Hope this is good?