Every few years technology change. CIO are firms are moving the to the flow of up-graduation to catch up to the speed of the light of innovation happening.
What is disruption in technologies?
Technolgy which disrupts existing earlier business models, and people/firms which does not change the process/speed will submerged in history.
1. Barnes and Nobel did not adopt digitization like Amazon.com
2. Horse-drawn vehicle vs Ford motor car’s
3. Block-buster Vs Netflix
4, Microsof Vs Google
Background and step backwards
Thanks to the Google/Facebook’s kind of innovations/use-cases , and also to the open source community.
1. Google has showcased , how we can gather zillions of data, process it , store it and use it.
2. Google firms has released their tools/technologies to “open source “/Apache community.
3. Yahoo and firms further worked on tools and further released to opensource.
4. Facebook/Twitter/others commercialized the “Social Media”
5. When Google came up with “data analysis” using “PCs” and distributed computing “Hadoop” concepts enhanced the data gathering and analysis. This is lead to one of the ways of ” BigData”.
6. Amazon AWS brought in more light to the cloud computing.
7. Zynga with Facebook brought in special gaming sites
Gartner comes with analysis on the industry, where is industry is moving.
Buzzwords and trending Acronyms
cial Media, Mo
bility . Zensa
r is working on this. Harish Lala SRVP of Zensar says, “you nee to see all tied together”, silo’s will not help.
In order have better execute, we need to have integrated solutions to achieve customer needs and benefits.
Vertical creations of organizations need to be integrated to have better “use case execution”
2. SMAC : Social, Mobile, Analytics and Cloud Computing
Most of Indian firms in the “software services area , are working on “silo covergence to enhace their strengths.
- As of 2012, 2000+ congnizant team are working on the SMAC.
- HCL arm is also working on SMAC.
- Wipro is constantly working on this
4.Cloud+Mobile+ Social Paradigm:
This paradigm changes the framework of how business functions. Unless business adopts this, business will obsolete.
Bring Your Own Device
From wikipedia: Bring your own device (BYOD) (also called bring your own technology (BYOT), bring your own phone (BYOP), and bring your own PC (BYOPC)) means the policy of permitting employees to bring personally owned mobile devices (laptops, tablets, and smart phones) to their workplace, and use those devices to access privileged company information and applications