Many overrun projects or oveerbudgeted projects start failing from dayone.
Some of the possible scenarios
1. The stakeholders are not right from the beginning
2. Proof-of-concept was not done clearly.
3. No proper trained ” project managers” were there.
4. Lack of senior management buy-in was not there.
5. No proper project management methodology or process followed.
6. Team controls , benefits plan, stakeholders management is not into place.
7. Too many meetings and escalations.
8. Too much of Micro-management and team was over-stressed.
9.Hiring a bad team members.
10. No scrum calls or dashboards.
Does this remind any common problems you have observed?