Why should we worry about role and responsibilities?
Picture this, when you bumnped a stranger with masters in business administration, says abour he is crm ( Customer Relation Manager) in mutual fund firm ( non it background), role reflects following
- Roles shoul have common across different industry segments
- Delivery manager position varies from department/firm/Technology
- Many days back in bank,counter person was senior most person, who was filling a administration person. He was gladly doing branch manager role.
- People confuse with roles and responsibilities
- When friend of mine got a position as delivery mangaer, he was not happy. He wanted a project manager role.
- End 2 end delivery role is confusing (from which end 2 end)?. Some people see this as a vertical head . Sone people see this as a project manger role (without team)
- You can find and fill in, some roles if your capable, it is in in your control
- Some vertical heads do perform as micro managers ( doing a jobs of rookie engineers)
- When people accept and perform roles, they should be able to do what job needs?
- It takes mindset change for migrating frome one role to other.
- Some people with or without correct roles they perform well. Some people donot perform when the correct role is given (why so)?
- Every one has their own ways of working, irrespective of role and designation Some people do micromanage, with this approach, that person should vacate his/her house and stay in office only.
- If you are a vertical head (with to too much micromanaging), you will be ending-up in doing every team members role. You have to allow people to perform their roles.
- Exploring roles, deligation of roles and grooming a team member ( to your role) will help to manage other areas,where you can focus.
- Lord buddha and management guru Peter says, do top 20 percentage things, which will cover rest of things.
What I feel is, you can transition from one role to other.