It is not about Charlie (2007, you tube hit), it is about the software and the issues associated with in🙂
Few sub headings ,I want to expand (code that works, not sure “if code ever worked”, Production code is not same as test/developer’s machine🙂
Code that works🙂
- Spend few minutes/hours to update the documentation as part of the code/design documents
- Have you followed the process set by your firm. Read on “Google Process”, “Quora process“
- Did you inform your team lead to assign some one to peer-review?
“All code changes at Google require peer review prior to submission, but in Jeff and Sanjay’s case, often one will send a large code review to the other, and the Jeaf Dean, will immediately ‘LGTM’ (Looks Good to me) it, because they wrote the change together in the first place
- Have updated your “Handy dandy notebook”, with issues you see with code?
- Have you updated “release log”, with changes, version of mobiles/Apps/Hardware/etc ?
- Have informed your “unit test team” to perform the testing?
- Have you checked in the code?
- Have taken code of earlier version compared what went in?
- Before code hits “production server”/ “Live”, have at-least done staged server’s?
- Code, configurations every thing need go in “source control system”
- Have you attended learned about software pros?
- Is your code is close to top software architecture ?
- Have read about Jeff Dean in software world , from Google giant?
- What happens next, you will be doing “E2E testing?“
Guess, this is enough for today. Any thoughts?