Over the years, have written articles on the process, program, and Agile aspects.
Before we go through the amazing process, we would need to understand how do we get the (great) architecture.
There is also a strategy article written in terms of the “how do we reach and streamline the process of the firm?”
Technology changes over time, you need keep up with flow of the technology. Unless catch up the speed of light technologies, you will be lost. This is suitable for firms as well as individuals who are working on the job roles
1. Typewriters are replaced by PC’s
2. Firms like Kodak, Tivo dispersed from the market
Few references in blogs for cloud and all
Individuals and technologists need to upgrade/move towards the cloud area (CloSoMO – Cloud, Social, Mobile)
With google’s innovation and people like Jeff Dean and others the whole industry moved to cloud computers.
Some of the architecture are presented in my blogs
1. Google 1
2. Google 2
Also there are blogs written around the various terminologies (Big Data and Cloud)
What is happening in cloud?
1. We need to keep up with technology.
2. IT technology changes its version and process over time.
3.According Gartner and Forrester most of the systems in future move to cloud and more on “Service based system” (XAAS -Anything as Service),
4. Hiring demand on cloud increases by 61% on cloud . As infra is no-longer on campus, customers can buy “pay-as-you-go”.
5. If you can see Quora page, all the development environment is hosted on Amazon Web Service.
6. Firms are gearing up with providing everything as a service
Why you need to upgrade your cloud skills?
1.. In-order to do above tasks in cloud you need to upgrade your skills
2. So that your current skills can be migratable and useful in your career
3. You can walk faster than than your colleague, so that you would not miss the bus of cloud computing.
What skills you need?
1. Open Source Tools for cloud
2. Apps development
4. Skills to analyze the business and technology
Some Jobs /Examples
1. C++ Software Developer – Senior – SaaS / Cloud: A leading Software House that develops applications for Cloud Infrastructure requires a Senior C++ Software Developer to work on their enterprise software. The Senior C++ Software Developer will be working in a highly talented C++ Software team
2. Cloud Service Support Engineer – Remote
Job opportunity for an experienced Engineer to work with one of the worlds largest IT solutions company.
3. Senior Java or C# for Cloud Developer (Java, C#, Ruby, Heroku)
A very new and exciting technology firm are providing Cloud based solutions to the financial services and they are seeking a new Developer to join their City based offices.
4. Cloud Server Operations Administrator
A Cloud Server Operations Administrator is a key element in providing Fanatical support to our internal support teams and is expected to provide a high level of professional care and technical support. As a CSO Administrator you are expected to apply thorough problem-solving techniques to identify the source
5. Product Manager (Cloud Infrastructure & Platforms)
6. Cloud Transition Specialist Permanent
7. Systems Engineer – Cloud/DevOps
Systems, DevOps Engineer, Cloud, Puppet, Linux, Java, Ruby Are you a Senior Systems Engineer/Developer with a passion for cutting-edge cloud technologies and opensource tools? Have you always been interested in Agile and coding with some of the best Developer
PHP Developer required for our forward thinking client, a well respected agile
9. Enterprise Account Executive Sales – Cloud Services – Data Integration
Enterprise Account Executive, Enterprise Sales – Cloud Services This opportunity sits within a specialist Business Unit within a major Software vendor focusing on developing and delivering Cloud Services to the company’s Corporate end user customers.
Please feedback on this blog.
Technology will change over time. Now the trend is centered around “Cloud, Social Media, Mobile and Analytics”
Job trends graph
Quotes on cloud computing from IDC
Based on results from IDC’s 2012 North American CloudTrack Survey, within three years, organizations will access 45.5% of IT resources through some form of cloud —public, private, or hybrid. “The use of cloud computing as an increasingly business-critical technology is quickly changing how companies and institutions evaluate, procure, and deploy IT assets,” says Kimberly Knickle, practice director, IDC Manufacturing Insights. The transition to cloud computing requires change throughout the organization — in people, process, and technology.
1. Cloud Computing is the result of evolution and adoption of existing technologies and paradigms.
2.The goal of Cloud Computing is to allow users to take beneﬁt from all of these technologies, without the need for deep knowledge about or expertise with each one of them.
3. The Cloud aims to cut costs, and help the users focus on their core business instead of being impeded by IT obstacles
In information technology, big data is a collection of data sets so large and complex that it becomes difficult to process using on-hand database management tools or traditional data processing applications
1.Analytics is the discovery and communication of meaningful patterns in data.
2.Especially valuable in areas rich with recorded information, analytics relies on the simultaneous application of statistics, computer programming and operations research to quantify performance.
3. Analytics often favors data visualization to communicate insight.
What is Social Media?
Social media refers to the means of interactions among people in which they create, share, and exchange information and ideas in virtual communities and network
Nexus between Social, Mobile and cloud according to Gartner
1.In the Nexus of Forces, information is the context for delivering enhanced social and mobile experiences.
2.Mobile devices are a platform for effective social networking and new ways of work.
3.Social links people to their work and each other in new and unexpected ways.
4. Cloud enables delivery of information and functionality to users and systems.
5. The forces of the Nexus are intertwined to create a user-driven ecosystem of modern computing.
Hope you are able to follow the emerging trends and “cloud computing”. As industry and firms are moving to new area, we need to align our skills with above trends.
What you think about “cloud computing”?, what more you want me to write?