But guess every one has already written, what is in store for him.
Before inception of task:
1. In “ten commandments”, god gave few tasks to followers.
2. Jesus crucified for the people of Rome and worldwide ( based on Benhur movie)
3.Noah built arc to save the essential and key stakeholders for the earth.
4. According to Hindu mythology, lord Brahma creates people and everything.
What in store for new born?
1.Enjoy the life in childhood
2.understand what is in for “Royal family” in democratic country.
3. How best we protect the economy and people.
4. Royal family to guide UK government
Best wishes to the new born and people.
2.This person more might have done team lead role with strong fundamental in technology, architecture, processes.
3. In addition to the above a project management experience which has additional characteristics of this person.
5. In client or project calls, this person can balance technical and management kind. And can take decisions on the spot.
6. Sometimes too much in both areas makes tasks tougher than single task You are bound to tend towards one are other area
7. As technical manager, this person can lead/build team in technical front very well.
8. This role is most suited product firms, where you need to have minuted details, on technical implementation.
9. This person can code, design, architect in addition to project management.
10. Even though company’s prefer both elements in one person, getting relevant domain/skills will be difficult.
Indian Management borrowed from west
When fist wrote few articles on management, my blogger friends mentioning, this similar to what “Count your chicken before you hatch”. After that I wrote “Indian Leadership” with similar set of ideas.
Following article base my experience in working IT industry as well as observations. This is generic, this would not represent my current an earlier firms.
1.We were ruled and dictate by Ramayana and Mahabharata (Great Epic stories), which were taught and practiced in India. There were “n” number of movies and books.
2.Family culture is very much there and great bonding support, as we grow-up. Father/elders mostly set direction
3.People/Relatives are friendly. And we get good support from every one as we grow-up.
4.India’s gurukul ( olden school methods) till linger in mind (from kings and rulers)
What is working due to Western Influence?
1.We were ruled and dictate by British and their culture a well as American culture is followed. Also Japanese also influenced western people
2.What Indians follow:
a.TQM – Total Quality management
(management for continuously improving the quality of products and processes)
b.JIT – Just in Time policy (Lean):
Just in time (JIT) is a production strategy that strives to improve a business return on investment by reducing in-process inventory and associated carrying costs. To meet JIT objectives, the process relies on signals or Kanban
The balanced scorecard (BSC) is a strategy performance management tool – a semi-standard structured report, supported by design methods and automation tools, that can be used by managers to keep track of the execution of activities by the staff within their control and to monitor the consequences arising from these actions
Business process re-engineering is a business management strategy, originally pioneered in the early 1990s, focusing on the analysis and design of workflows and processes within an organization
e. Management by Objective (MBO)
Management by objectives (MBO), also known as management by results (MBR), is a process of defining objectives within an organization so that management and employees agree to the objectives and understand what they need to do in the organization in order to achieve them.
e.And many others
What is not working due to Western Influence?
1.Short term goals and vision
3.360 degrees appraisal system
4. Open door policy:
What Indian’s need?
1.Friendly bosses and atmosphere
2.Long term employment
3.Good career path
4.Clear direction and Parental family kind of culture
Technical vs Management ladders
Technical ladder :
This is more on people management, not much on technical stuff, more on deliveries and team management.
Ideal of Dual Career Path
Dual ladder in practice.
In product firms also start-ups like Facebook, Google, Quora, Microsoft and all, you can find great “technical leads” available, with a great potential to solve technical problems and design problem a well
Some of Job Descriptions on Technical Manager
1. The Technical Team Lead should have deep knowledge and practical experience in software design, from design concept creation to development and release and possess excellent communication abilities.
2. Fantastic opportunity with leading Investment banks across India, who are looking for Passionate Technologist having hands on coding and development experience.
3. Will lead the team of functional, technical consultants in the functional areas/s of SD, FICO, MM, HCM, Project Systems, BI, BO etc.
4. Architect with 12yrs of overall experience. Strong in technology architecture and design of complex, enterprise-level applications and systems.
6+ years of relevant J2EE enterprise architecture, data architecture experience
Required qualities of Technical ladder?
Required qualities of Management ladder?
Managing Knowledge worker
In the era of Internet/Face book generation, technology is changing. Have written articles on “team member“
1.Who is Knowledge worker?
|Knowledge worker skill|
Following are few pointers for effective leadership and management
|Cannon Media Player project|
Believe me this is not easy one.In Texas handheld firm, we have hired intern from American university. He created wonders in the work.
|Telxon Handheld scanner|
As knowledge people need good work environment, also infrastructure needed. Google, face book and great infrastructure and freedom for theses teams enhancement.
3. Respect the individual/Team
Every one is expecting respect in work they are doing. As the team grows and work increases and complexity increases, Managers responsibility increases.
It is always better to have good roles and responsibilities. Have leads for each team, who can take care of team.
4. Employee Motivation
- Keeping employees motivated by monitory benefits and infinite learning.
- As manger you have to distribute your responsibility, in addition to current aligned task.
- Employee needs constant motivation and need the work on the particular task in particular fashion.
- It is mandatory to have leader or managers to help teams to achieve what they want.
- This will help everyone to grow in the project and firm.
- Unless employee is aware the Roles and responsibility, he/she can achieve a per goals of organization
6. Challenge the team
8. Different strokes for different folks
8. Teams creation is art.
9. How do you treat people?
10. Power, position, capacity will keep on changing.
- Keep your ego out of back of pocket.
- Unless you have team buy-in and support, otherwise you will be lone-ranger.
11. Job rotation is key.
Keep having rotation either employee initiated or project initiated. End of the day team member to be benefited.
Your comments and suggestions are needed.
1. Knowledge worker skills http://f2.washington.edu/fm/edp/kwskills
2. Pictures (copy rights of respective owners)
Is your resume/CV good?
The moment I thought of writing something Resume/CV, I realized a great book of job search is here. This is “Dale Carnegie” kind of self-help for the job hunters. This book is also constantly being revised to suite with times. This will help the job searcher to get on hold what needs to be done, in job hunting.
Keeping this aside, let us digress on the intended title/main heading.
Resume – A business card
1. It should give a quick info on what you are , what you have accomplished
blogger, writer, Author
Chief Technologist(cloud computing)
2. Avoid in first person
3. Summary of Resume would help
Worked on “Sales Tool Automation” software in Java/.Net
4. Re-write resume from scratch:
This help to keep the flow in resumes. Many years ago you might be software engineer, now you might be “program manager”
Rewriting will help you write with fresh perspective.
4. You resume should have skill-sets or keywords to get a telephonic call.
Content writing, blogging, creative writing, Marketing
5. You have just 10 secs to get an attention
10, 9, 8 ……….
Better , create a clean resume, not less nor more.
6. Write on what you have accomplished
7. Do spell-check
8. Mention your publications, blogs , PhD and training program
9. Publish less contents on job portals, so that recruiter will come back and ask you for detailed resume.
10. Avoid listing same jobs you have done in particular firm , you can group them
Plumber at Home depot, Johnson controls , Macy’s
11. Be a salesman
Had enhanced department revenue by 50% in two years
12. Stand-out in crowd
13. Mention Skills, tenure, Education Goals, work ethics and so on
17. Write in simple English, so that recruiters can understand and it will go through right teams
18. Do-not use current firm jargon, convert it equivalent industry terminology
You might have worked “wolverine” internal code project for “SBAS” , instead expand “SAP based Accounting system”.
19. Edit number time, until you got good formatted resume
If this is useful or you want suggest, will gladly accept modify the contents.